Nice Collection of Unique 1st Birthday Party Themes Ideas for Your Boys and Girls to make Lovely and Great Birthday Choice Best 1st Birthday Party Theme. Looking for fun themes for the birthday party of your little tyke (or tykette)? Look no further, as we have some great ideas for your kid’s 1st birthday party themes. Coming up with party theme ideas for your child’s 1st birthday party can actually be fun, as you can get creative and go nuts with the creative party theme ideas. Keep in mind that the 1st birthday party themes is usually dreamt up by parents who want to make their child’s first birthday party special, while the first birthday party ideas on your child’s mind are nursing, cake, nap, toys.
That’s the best part of being a parent You can have fun coming up with great 1st birthday party ideas. Say they are for your kid (instead of for you, as they really are). Still, you get to have fun coming up with kids birthday party ideas and first birthday party ideas, and the theme is definitely one of the best parts. Here are some 1st birthday party themes and ideas for 1st birthday party decorations, games, and cakes that can help you turn your little one’s birthday party into something special. Also, Check 1st Birthday Party Ideas
1st Birthday Party Themes for Boys
Don’t know what party to throw for your special little man, why not consider:
- Sesame Street – Babies love Sesame Street for one simple reason. All the characters on the show are brightly colored. You can have fun throwing your child a Sesame Street party. As he will love all the red, yellow, blue, and black decorations with the popular characters from the hit TV show. Make an Elmo cake, play a game of Pin the Nose on the Big Bird. Enjoy some fun Sesame Street for the 1st birthday party decorations. Even if he doesn’t know who all the characters are, your little one can certainly enjoy all the bright colors.
- Vehicles – There is something that little boys love about toys that go vroom. Whether it is his favorite train set, a cute little race car, an airplane (usually Daddy makes this one fly). Or another kind of vehicle, you can be sure Junior will enjoy this party. You can make fun train conductor party hats for each guest, a cake shaped like a train or car, and even tiny matchbox cars as the decoration for your party.
- Cowboys and Indians – You will find that there are very few things in the world that are quite as cute as your little one dressed up as a cowboy, especially if he crawls over to a cute Indian squaw for a kiss. A cowboy and Indians theme is a great way to make your party special, with the boys dressed as cowboys and the girls as Indians. With a teepee cake, cute bows and arrows as decorations, and a few simple Daddy horse ride races for the little ones, this is a great party theme for your little guy.
- Sports – If your little one’s birthday falls anywhere near a major sporting event SuperBowl, NBA Playoffs, etc. You may want to consider dressing him up as his Daddy’s favorite sports fan for the party. You can purchase a tiny jersey of the local sports team, with each of the guests coming as fans of their favorite sports teams. All of the decorations can be themed around the sporting event, with the cake shaped like a ball, the decorations very sporty, and games involving softballs for the little ones.
- Robots – Little boys may not love their technology yet, but they will eventually grow up to be just like Daddy with his big boy toys. You can make your child’s birthday party theme a lot of fun with robots. Robot cakes are easy to make (they’re a bunch of squares), and you can have fun hanging robot decorations.
1st Birthday Party Themes for Girls
The little princesses can have fun with the more ladylike 1st birthday party themes, such as:
- Princesses –The Disney Princesses are a very popular theme for little girls, and your child’s 1st birthday party themes can cater to the romantics in the crowd. With the girls dressed as the princess of their choice and the boys dressed up as a Prince Charming. You can make the party something special (start matching them up from a young age). Most bakeries will add Princesses to your cake at no extra charge, and you can easily find these Disney decorations in nearly every party supplies store.
- Nursery Rhymes – You probably grew up on Mother Goose stories, though your child is probably going to grow up on Dora the Explorer. The Mother Goose themes can be a lot of fun, and the classic theme will be great to give to your child. A chance to share the joy you had as a child hearing about Little Miss Muffet, Jack be Nimble, and Humpty Dumpty. You can find many Mother Goose decorations online. You can print them out and use them to make the cake, hanging items, and banner in the classic style.
- Insects – There are no bugs that are more delicate and feminine than ladybugs. You can bet that your little one will look absolutely adorable dressed up in red and black polka dots. You can make your ladybug cake with a regular oval cake tray, and you can have the boys at the party dress up as bees or other insects. The girls can also dress as butterflies, and you can use butterflies to decorate the cake, the party favors. And even the little snacks you serve at the party.
- Dance – She may not be much of a dancer yet, but you can bet that she will grow up to love dancing one day. Start her off early by throwing her a dance-themed party. You can try the disco 80s, the boy band 90s, or the raving 2000s for the party theme. And you can get creative by making a record-shaped cake, disco ball muffins, and playing fun dancing party games. Even if the babies don’t get too much dancing done, at least the parents can have fun swinging the babies around and getting some exercise.
1st Birthday Party Themes for Both
You don’t automatically have to do a gender-specific theme, but there are some great themes for both him and her:
- Stuffed Animals – All babies have that one stuffed animal that they love, and you can make the party special by making it a stuffed animal-themed 1st birthday party. Have each child bring their favorite stuffed toy, and share the toys between the babies. Have the cake made in the shape of your child’s favorite stuffed animal. And do a few stuffed animal-themed games before it’s off to nap with the cute toy.
- Animals – There are few things that are cuter than seeing your little man dressed up like a lion or your little princess dressed up like a little tigress. Animal-themed parties can be fun, and they are fairly easy thanks to the fact that there are hundreds of animal decorations at your local party supplies store. You can theme the party to forest animals, Safari animals, or whatever kind of animals you want.
- Winnie the Pooh – The beloved child’s cartoon character can be the perfect theme for your party. And all the kids can come dressed up as their favorite Winnie the Pooh character (mine’s Tigger). Even if the kids don’t come dressed up, you can still find many Winnie the Pooh party decorations very easily. Do a “Hunny” themed party with a cake made in the shape of your child’s favorite character. And play Pin the Tail on Eeyore (parents will need to help, of course).
- Clothes – Just because it’s a party doesn’t mean it has to have an official theme. But you can have each of the guests come with at least one special (and unusual) item of clothing on. It won’t matter whether they wear a funny hat, a piece of Daddy or Mommy’s clothing, or a cute little extra (tie, bowtie, clip, bracelet, etc.), as long as they wear something that they wouldn’t normally wear.
- Retro – Your little one is guaranteed to look absolutely gorgeous dressed up as Marilyn Monroe, Clark Gable, or another famous person from history. You can find cute little suits, hats, dresses, and accessories from the beginning of the 20th century. You can have the entire theme of the party revolve around the culture of the time. Dress your little one up as a waif, J.D. Rockefeller, or Eleanor Roosevelt for a cute party theme.
These are just a few 1st birthday party themes, and there are many more party theme ideas that you can find on the pages of this site. If you want some great 1st Birthday Cake Ideas, visit the 1st Birthday Party Cakes, or check Birthday wishes off your list by looking at the 1st Birthday to be sure you have everything prepared.